Insurance and HR Advice for People Self-Managing their Disability Funding
In today’s environment, there are a lot of ways that you can structure your agreement with your Support Workers. If you are self-managing your funds, and choose to hire and manage your Support Workers directly, you create an employer/employee relationship and should take the appropriate steps to make sure both you and your Support Workers have the adequate support and protection you both need.
The Blue Badge Insurance Independent Living Insurance and HR Advice product is designed take the complexity and guess-work out of the equation by giving you access to easy-to-use and cost-effective professional advice on all employment relations matters along with legal representation and insurance should the need arise.
Why Do I Need This?
If you are self-managing your funds and have directly hired Support Workers, you are (in the eyes of the law) an Employer. This means, you become must ensure your Support Workers are employed appropriately.
Some of the matters you will need to take into consideration include:
- Employment contracts.
- Establishing rules, goals and behavioural expectations to prevent future disputes.
- Addressing and managing any issues that may arise, such as performance and disciplinary matters.
- Setting and communicating employment policies and procedures.
- Understanding your rights, obligations and complying with the National Employment Standards and the Fair Work Act.
- Negotiating and managing salaries under the applicable award.
What Benefits Does This Product Deliver?
The Blue Badge Insurance Independent Living Insurance and HR Advice product will help you manage all the necessary matters relating to employing Support Workers by:
- Giving you the resources you need – we will provide you with a range of expertly written employment contracts, employee handbooks, policies and procedures which you can tailor to meet your specific circumstances.
- Giving you unlimited access to our Advisor Hotline – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Advisor Hotline puts you in touch with industry experts to give you professional and pragmatic help on any employment issues you may be facing.
- Giving you insurance and legal protection – in the event that something happens and one of your Support Workers makes a complaint or claim against you, we will provide you with the legal representation and insurance protection you need to manage your risks.
The Blue Badge Insurance Independent Living Insurance and HR Advice product is not yet available for purchase. If you would like us to send you a notification when it has launched, please click here leave your contact details and we will contact you as soon it is available.