Muscular Dystrophy Queensland supports all Queenslanders living with muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular conditions to empower them to make the most of opportunities, maximise their potential and live fulfilling lives. Muscular Dystrophy Queensland aims to build on our reputation as the only state based organisation dedicated to supporting those living with muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular conditions from diagnosis to end of life by offering:
- Trustworthy and accurate information to all stakeholders re management, available services, possible treatments, and research advancements
- Direct and individualized support and services
- Assistance with planning for the future and future needs
- Immediate response at times of crises
- Peer support within the client community, to reduce isolation and encourage lifelong friendships
- Advocacy on their behalf
- Partnerships with other organisations for advocacy
- Support for evidence based, emerging research.
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland is committed to a strong and positive culture, change inspired by innovation and response to need, and to provide for and enhance our services to our clients and their families.