Code of practice
The Insurance Council of Australia Limited has developed the General Insurance Code of Practice, which is a self-regulatory code for use by all insurers. The Code aims to:
- Improve relationships between insurers and their customers
- Give you confidence in the insurance industry
- Help you resolve any disputes about your insurance cover more easily.
Our underwriter, Pacific International Insurance, is a signatory to the Code. Blue Badge Insurance and Pacific International Insurance proudly support the Code with our commitment to be open, fair and honest in the way that we deal with our customers.
As insurance specialists, it also guides us on how we should:
- Provide information and education about our products and services
- Respond to catastrophes and disasters
- Resolve any disputes that our customers may have
The Federal Government, insurance companies, consumer groups and the Insurance Council of Australia all support the General Insurance Code of Practice.