New for Old
New for old replacement for scooters up to 2 years old from new
Third Party Liability
Protection if you injure or damage someone or their property
Automatic cover for your scooter if you take your scooter overseas with you
Peace of Mind
While your mobility scooter may be safe, its environment may not be. Everyday obstacles like uneven footpaths, pedestrians, cyclists, road crossings and driveways can create dangerous situations and unfortunately, accidents happen.
As independence and mobility insurance specialists, we understand how important your mobility is to you. This is why our Comprehensive Mobility Scooter Insurance Policy is designed around your needs to keep you moving.
What’s more is that we have created a series of unique features and benefits in our policy specifically for mobility scooter users. This includes third party injury and property cover, loss or damage by theft, fire, flood or vandalism, costs to get you and your scooter home after an accident as well as overseas cover.
Accidental Loss and Damage in Australia
- Repair or replacement of a damaged mobility scooter
- Loss or damage by fire to your mobility scooter
- Loss or damage by theft/vandalism to your mobility scooter
- Loss or damage by flood to your mobility scooter†
- Equipment Accessories – cover for loss, theft or damage up to $500
- Third party injury cover°: protects you if you hit and injure somebody while using your mobility scooter
- Third party property cover: protects you if you hit and damage somebody’s property while using your mobility scooter
- Personal items that get lost, stolen or damaged while using your mobility scooter
- Costs incurred to get you and/or your mobility scooter home following accident
- ‘New for old’ mobility scooter replacement for a total loss for mobility scooters up to 2 years old, from new
- Temporary insurance cover for replacement mobility scooter whilst yours is being repaired
- Daily hospital incidentals cash benefit if you are injured following an accident while using your mobility scooter
- Distress payment following physical assault while using your mobility scooter
- Cover any legal user you authorise to use your mobility scooter, not just yourself
- Lump sum payment (to your estate) if you die due to an injury sustained while using your mobility scooter
- Cover whilst being transported overseas by air or sea
- Automatic 21 days overseas cover for:
- Accidental loss, damage or theft
- Injury to other people (excluding USA and Canada)
- Damage to other people’s property
- Repairer network for fast and fair claims handling
- Approved repair costs paid direct to repairer, so you won’t need to pay for repairs and wait to be reimbursed
Blue Badge Insurance has partnered with the State-Wide Equipment Program in Victoria to offer insurance to protect their mobility scooter and wheelchair clients against accidental loss and damage, third party property damage and third party personal injury for one low annual price.
This product includes*:
- Repair or replacement of a damaged mobility scooter or wheelchair
- Loss or damage by fire to your mobility scooter or wheelchair
- Loss or damage by theft/vandalism to your mobility scooter or wheelchair
- Loss or damage by flood to your mobility scooter or wheelchair†
- Equipment Accessories – cover for loss, theft or damage up to $500
- Third party injury cover°: protects you if you hit and injure somebody while using your mobility scooter or wheelchair
- Third party property cover: protects you if you hit and damage somebody’s property while using your mobility scooter or wheelchair
Mobility Scooter Insurance
While mobility scooter insurance is not compulsory, most authorities strongly advise that people take out insurance to protect their personal safety, the safety of others, the value of their mobility scooter and cover themselves against the significant out-of-pocket costs associated with legal liability.
It depends on your policy – not all Home and Contents policies cover equipment like mobility scooters. It’s also important to remember that Home and Contents policies may not cover your scooter when it it used outside of your home, leaving you exposed while you are out and about.
No. Our policy covers accidental damage, theft and legal liability to protect you and your mobility scooter if you’re involved in an incident that causes damage to your scooter or if it is stolen. We also protect you against damages and legal costs if you are involved in an incident with a third party. The policy does not cover break downs or general wear and tear.
Unfortunately mobility scooter theft is on the rise. Kids like to take them on joyrides and thieves have realised the value of this equipment and are now targeting mobility scooters for resale. Many people believe that their keys provide a theft deterrent, but most scooters can be placed in neutral and rolled away. This is why we have worked with a leading lock manufacturer to develop the Loop Lock – an easy to use lock that will provide greater protection for your mobility equipment when you are out and about. Find out more here.
Yes. Our policy covers any legal user you authorise to use your mobility scooter. You do not need to add people to your policy for your scooter to be covered while they are using it – as long as they have your permission they are covered.
Yes. Our policy automatically covers your scooter for accidental damage and third party liability the first 21 days of overseas travel (third party liability is excluded in USA and Canada). You can extend the period of cover for an additional fee if you are going away for a longer period by calling us on 1300 304 802.
If you need to make a claim, we recommend that you call us as soon as possible on 1300 304 802. Our friendly staff will ask you for the full details of the incident and will help manage your claim until it has been settled.
Yes, monthly instalments are available through a direct debit with Blue Badge Insurance. There is a small additional fee involved with using this payment method.
*Monthly payments for new policies effective XX/XX/XXXX are organised direct through Blue Badge Insurance. Payments are available by Direct Debit from your nominated Credit Card or Bank Account. Direct Debits will occur on the same day of each month and incur and additional fee. Policies incepted prior to XX/XX/XXXX will continue with Premium Funding Pty Ltd until their new policy period is offered. If your policy renews prior to 30/06/2020 payments will continue with Premium Funding Pty Ltd until their new policy period is offered. Payments through Premium Funding Pty Ltd are subject to their own terms, conditions and limitations and a monthly fee will apply that includes interest, taxes and charges.
~ For mobility equipment valued up to $10,000. Discounts will be applied subject to the nature and history of the risk. Underwriting criteria will be applied to the consideration of the risk. This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
† An exclusion applies to loss or damage caused by actions of the sea, tidal waves, high water, or erosion.
° Third-party injury cover does not apply to accidents that have occured in Queensland, as the mobility scooter is required to be registered. CTP insurance is included with the registration, see here www.tmr.qld.gov.au for more information.
** For full details of the conditions, terms, limits and exclusions and to decide whether this cover is suitable for you please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
Any advice provided is general only and does not take into consideration your personal circumstances. Please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement to decide whether this cover is suitable for you.