Getting Funding for Your Disability Converted Car

Have you ever wondered about the chances of getting funding for your disability converted car? Buying a disability converted car is a big time and cost investment. Thankfully, there are various funding organisations that may be able to contribute to these costs. Each has their own qualification criteria, so it is best you contact them directly to find out if you meet their criteria.

Funders who can help

  • National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): A national scheme that supports people with disability and their families. It provides them with reasonable and necessary supports to live an ordinary life. NDIS participants can claim funding support to make modifications that allow them to access or drive a vehicle.
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA): Provides support to current and former serving members and their families through a range of benefits, including vehicle modifications.
  • Icare: Pays for treatment, rehabilitation and care for people who’ve been severely injured in a motor accident in NSW.
  • Independent Living Centre, WA: Manages two grant programs for individuals with disability, including funding for disability-related vehicle modifications.
  • Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA): Manages injury insurance claims and pays for treatment and other expenses for those injured in vehicle crashes through the fault of another driver.
  • Motor Accident Commission (MAC): MAC manages all South Australian CTP claims.
  • Motor Accidents Insurance Board (MAIB): Administers the funding and payment of Tasmania’s CTP motor accident insurance scheme.
  • National Injury Insurance Scheme, Queensland (NIISQ): A no-fault scheme that provides necessary and reasonable lifetime treatment, care and support to those who sustain eligible serious personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland.
  • State-Wide Equipment Program (SWEP): Provides subsidies towards the cost of equipment and/or modifications to Victorian residents to help improve independence in their home, assist in community participation and support families and carers in their role.
  • Territory Insurance Office: Provides assistance with disability-related vehicle modifications for people injured in motor accidents in the Northern Territory.
  • Transport Accident Commission: Pays for treatment and benefits for people injured in transport accidents in Victoria.
  • iCare NSW: Helps provide work injury-related vehicle modifications.
  • Work Safe VIC: Assists with work injury-related vehicle modifications.

How Blue Badge can help

As Australia’s first disability insurance specialist, we understand the insurance needs of people with disability. We are across any disability conversions that have been made to your car. We also understand that after getting funding for your disability converted car you may worry about insurance. If you recently bought or paid for a car conversion through a funding body, they may also be able to assist with purchasing insurance.

Blue Badge specialises in insuring a range of conversions and modifications, which can be added to your comprehensive car insurance. Our affordable cover and knowledgeable customer service team make choosing us easy.

Speak with us today to see how we can help protect your converted car.

If you want to learn more about disability converted cars, download our A-Z Guide on Disability Converted Cars to learn everything you need to know about buying, owning and maintaining a disability converted vehicle.


Pick any layout option below:

What would you like a quote for?